Did you know SinglesCruise.com can pair you with a roommate on most sailings to save you money? Shelby, SinglesCruise.com’s lead cruise director, has provided us with her top five tips for successfully sharing a cabin on your next singles cruise.
1. Plan ahead. Set aside 10 minutes on embarkation day to talk about your sleeping/waking habits while admiring the ocean view on the Lido Deck! This is also a great time to get to know your roommate. Remember you are sharing a room to save money so you both have to realize it’s not your private room.
2. Respect your roommate’s sleep. It’s fine to come in late or go to sleep early. For either sleeping preference WHENEVER your roommate is sleeping you should be relatively quiet and leave the main cabin light off. The bathroom light, reading light and very low volume TV are what’s acceptable when another person is trying to sleep in the room.
3. Come prepared. Bring earplugs and a mask so that your roommates’ habits don’t bother you as much, just like you would on an airplane.
4. Don’t hog anything. Drawers, hangers and counter space is all at a premium and you should leave 50% for your roommate. If you have too many things, leave them in your suitcase and put it under your bed.
5. Treat others as you would expect to be treated. The golden rule for sharing close quarters of course is to treat your roommate and his/her property with respect. If you are each respectful, sharing a cabin will be a wonderful experience. Most of our cruise guests end up becoming great friends with their cabin mate and we hope you do too!